Monday, August 9, 2010

Tool #9

I was somewhat hesitant about this one. But being openminded, I jumped in with both feet.

I am liking Jing. I did not download it, I have no camera or microphone, but can see its use when letting the students record how to solve problems on the activboard. Or I can use it so they can watch my motions to work a certain concept. Instead of interrupting me while at stations, they can just watch the "video" and rethink how to take care of the situation.

I am thinking (uh oh) that the district will probably be supplying either computers with cameras, external cameras and/or microphones so we can utilize all this fabulous knowledge.

My daughter uses Skype. She uses it to talk to her friends instead of using the cell phone. They take pictures and can see facial expressions when speaking. It's the future in Aliens when they were talking face to face on the phone. This can be a great feature speaking with relatives near or far to keep in touch.

I can see Skype's use in a classroom if arrangements can be made to connect with another learning institution or person with information to share. But I am cautious about it for the same reason that you can't find information on the White House at www.whitehouse.com...(please do not use this link)

So I can see the pros and cons of both sides...

Onward and upward...

No comments:

Post a Comment