Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Tool #6 - Wiki

I'm on a roll...

I always wondered what a WIKI was...now I know. It basically seems like a web-site that is MUCH easier to change and manipulate.

I saw a really cool wiki from a 3rd/4th grade class in Australia from 2005, called http://terrythetennisball.wikispaces.com/

The class started a story and then added different endings and sections! It is really interesting. I wonder how long it would take to maintain...

Would a wiki be a better idea to use for a class web-site? There is one for the campus through SBISD, but I am still challenged and do not know how to create my own page.

I could see using this technology to show class book reviews or even create our own story...if it's easy enough for me, then maybe some of my students (with computer experience) could work together to create, maintain and add to the story.

Hmmmmm...gives me something to think about.

1 comment:

  1. I think you have some great ideas for using a wiki. The collaborative story sounds like a lot of fun. I think you would find it fairly easy to set up using Google Sites.

    ReplyDelete