Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Final Recap

This took alot longer than 9 hours to complete...especially if you read all the links...but it's all about the learning...

1. What are your favorite tools you now have in your personal technology toolbox? Briefly describe a particular activity that you will plan for your students using at least one of these new tools.
Loved the photostory, scary but true. I can see this being used for students to talk about habitats, animals, rocks, earth forces, etc. as a project.

I can see the flickr spelling and wordle being used alot for spelling and writing practice. I just have to figure out how to get the wordles off the site on on my desktop...

I really think the jing will help to teach concepts that require reteaching. It will make it easier for students to reteach themselves.

I like the social bookmarking (how do they get to my sites?) because the students using netbooks can find my sites that I want them to use for station or project work.

2. How have you transfomed your thinking about the learning that will take place in your classroom?

I think that these tools will be helpful in the future of teaching...we just have to get the equipment necessary to make them work in the classrooms. We still need wireless printing, webcams to make a truly 21st century classroom.

We just have to remember (soapbox again) that students need to learn the long way before they can find the shortcuts. Spellcheck and the internet are NOT foolproof and students have to be willing to say no and use their common sense to make things work. 3rd graders need to write on PAPER before they write on computers.

3. Were there any unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?

That photostory was so easy...that favorites can be stored online...that wordles were fun..that there is SO MUCH information out there about all of this!

No comments:

Post a Comment