Monday, August 9, 2010

Tool #10

I am sorry to say that I am "I-anything" challenged. I totally dislike Itunes, and I don't know how to use an Itouch, Iphone, or Ipad. My students can teach me. I feel like Apple will take over the world...

I have held the device and hope that my students can use this equipment to research concepts for subjects like social studies and science. They can be helpful in the writing process by giving them spelling and dictionary assitance.

My only concern is that students will no longer use the hardcover dictionaries. I still feel that students should know how to find things the "old-fashioned" way. Mainly because you can't get internet service everywhere...

It's kind of like GPS and spellcheck...those apps are not always right. You have to know how to read a map and spell a word to make sure you are making the right decisions...You can't use a calculator until you know how the order and function of operations.

I don't want to jump the gun...sorry, but I'm old school here.

No comments:

Post a Comment